SafewayDear Customer:Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the Coupon policy including the Internet Coupons at your local Safeway store.The coupon policy is the same for all the stores in your area. We do double manufacturer’s coupons up to a maximum of $1.00 in total value. This means a coupon for over 50 cents is worth a maximum of $1.00. We will double a maximum of three coupons for the same item at a time. When you sometime come in the store with 10 or 20 identical coupons and purchase 10 or 20 of the same item. We will double only the first three. That is our limit. Following the first three, we will accept the coupons at face value without doubling them. We also must follow the instructions on the coupons. Most coupons indicate “one coupon per purchase” that means we can’t apply two separate coupons to the same purchase. This causes the most confusion. We do not honor competitors’ coupons.Printable Internet Coupons are defined as on-line print at home coupons that consumers receive from either a retailer web site (for example: Vons.com), a manufacturer web site (for example: Kraft Foods.com) or from a legitimate coupon web site, (for example: Coupons.com). These web sites typically require shoppers to register on-line before granting access to print the coupon, and generally limit the customer to print only one type of coupon from their web site to discourage duplicates coming from a single computer.
In order to insure that we accept only legitimate printable Internet coupons, Safeway has adopted the following store policies and guidelines. These policies and guidelines are company wide.
1. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that do not have a manufacturer’s bar code or manufacturer’s redemption instructions.
2. We will accept any printable Internet coupons only if they scan properly at checkout.
3. We will not accept more than one “copy” of the same printable Internet coupon per customer.
4. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons for a Free Product (other than a “Buy One Get One Free Offer” that requires a purchase of the like item)
5. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons for more than a $5.00 value or for more than 50% of a product’s retail price, whichever of the two is lower.
6. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that do not have an easy to read expiration date or that extend more than 12 weeks. (Most printable Internet coupons may expire 30-45 days after you print them)
7. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that appear out of proportion, appear blurry, or are obvious duplicates.
8. Any printable Internet coupons that appear to have been altered in any way may be rejected. (Printable Internet coupons are nearly always printed using the same technology and therefore have a standard format, with very specific security features, including a unique serial code.
Thank you again for your patience. If you would like to discuss this further or if any of your account information needs updating, please reply to this email or call our toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference contact I.D. 12538930. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.
Customer Service Center